Dart Real Estate and NCB Group, the team behind OLEA, are bringing the first lazy river to the Cayman Islands. Read on for a few fun facts about this unique water feature coming to Grand Cayman.
- The 124 spacious and energy-efficient condos, townhomes and duplexes that make up the community of OLEA will surround the 380-linear-foot-long lazy river.
- The continually flowing river will flow into the centralised resort-style swimming pool and will be accented by luscious Caribbean flora, sandy banks complete with picnic tables and refreshing waterfalls to navigate around or through.
- The water will flow at a speed of just under two miles per hour and will be constantly recirculated and filtered in the same way as a regular swimming pool.
- Pumps discreetly hidden along the edge of the river will provide the current and will be powered by the communities’ solar array, reducing the operating costs normally associated with such a feature.
- The relaxing current will allow residents to drift along on a raft or floatie, transporting them through the beautiful gardens of OLEA and result in hours of fun for all.
Other neighbourhood amenities at OLEA will include a central family park, community herb and vegetable garden, fully equipped gym, outdoor community BBQ and dining area, three playgrounds, an outdoor yoga and meditation garden and a waterfront boardwalk that will connect OLEA residents to the Town Centre of Camana Bay.
A dedicated sales and presentation centre is now open on Market Street in Camana Bay, where OLEA representatives are available to provide information about the floorplans, prices, energy-efficient features, interiors and site plan. Visit the OLEA Sales Centre on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 12 to 5 p.m. or go to camanabay.com for more information.