By Laura Leontsinis
Dart Real Estate and NCB Group, the team behind OLEA, are bringing the first lazy river to the Cayman Islands. Read on for a few fun facts about this unique water feature coming to Grand Cayman.
- The 124 spacious and energy-efficient condos, townhomes and duplexes that make up the community of OLEA will surround the 380-linear-foot-long lazy river.
- The continually flowing river will flow into the centralised resort-style swimming pool and will be accented by luscious Caribbean flora, sandy banks complete with picnic tables and refreshing waterfalls to navigate around or through.
- The water will flow at a speed of just under two miles per hour and will be constantly recirculated and filtered in the same way as a regular swimming pool.
- Pumps discreetly hidden along the edge of the river will provide the current and will be powered by the communities’ solar array, reducing the operating costs normally associated with such a feature.
- The relaxing current will allow residents to drift along on a raft or floatie, transporting them through the beautiful gardens of OLEA and result in hours of fun for all.
Other neighbourhood amenities at OLEA will include a central family park, community herb and vegetable garden, fully equipped gym, outdoor community BBQ and dining area, three playgrounds, an outdoor yoga and meditation garden and a waterfront boardwalk that will connect OLEA residents to the Town Centre of Camana Bay.
A dedicated sales and presentation centre is now open on Market Street in Camana Bay, where OLEA representatives are available to provide information about the floorplans, prices, energy-efficient features, interiors and site plan. Visit the OLEA Sales Centre on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 12 to 5 p.m. or go to camanabay.com for more information.
About the author
Laura Leontsinis is Marketing Manager at Dart, having worked on Camana Bay, Provenance Properties and now supports Dart corporate and community development initiatives. Laura has resided in the Cayman Islands for five years and has worked for Dart for the past three years. Known for her can-do attitude and broad range of skills, Laura loves making magic happen on any team she’s a part of.